The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the position of
- Reference No : 8138 External Position
- Vacancy Type Temporary Part Time
- Hours/FTE 0.8 FTE
- Commencement 29/1/19
- Finishing Date 20/12/19
The part-time (0.8 FTE) temporary position (12 months) provides counselling services to the following schools: St Patricks PS Cessnock (0.4) and St Joseph’s Catholic College, Lochinvar (0.4). This position has flexibility of service delivery and can be discussed further with Emma Merlino.
Please note there are also vacancies at other schools in the region and part time & full time roles across the school area will be considered. Please see the CSO Maitland Newcastle website for details and/or discuss with Emma Merlino, Coordinator of Student Wellbeing +61 2 49791200
- The Psychologist/School Counsellor will be responsible to the Head of Teaching and Learning Services and the Coordinator of Student Wellbeing at the Catholic Schools Office, Maitland-Newcastle.
- School counsellors provide direct services to schools including educational and psychosocial assessments, psychological treatment and counselling, crisis support.
- School counsellors also provide advice and consultation to teachers, parents, guardians and other stakeholders. Finally school counsellors support school policies and practices to improve student wellbeing within the school community.
- Minimum 4 year degree in psychology, social work or counselling
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary environment and ability to develop quality relationships with teaching and support staff
- Experience in assessment and counselling of primary and secondary aged students
- Understanding of, and support for, the ethos of Catholic Schools
- Ability to liaise with community agencies
- Ability to work collaboratively within school and Catholic Schools Office team environments
- Excellent organisational, communication and IT skills, current drivers licence
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact : Emma Merlino([email protected]) +61 2 4979 1219
By email (preferred): Emma Merlino [email protected]
Catholic Schools Office
PO Box 714
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
Letters of application addressing the essential criteria, together with current curriculum vitae and contact details for three referees, should be emailed as one PDF document (Ref 8138) to: [email protected]
Applications will be received up until 4pm on the closing date. Preferred applicants will be required to complete the registration process for the Catholic Schools Office.
Applications Close Friday 23 November, 2018
- Yearly Salary Salary will be as per the Catholic Schools Office Psychologists/Counsellors Salary Scale, commensurate with qualifications and experience.