Religious Education Coordinator
Nagle College, Blacktown
We are looking for a passionate and committed Religious Education Coordinator to enrich the lives of our students in our school.
The Religious Education Coordinator is responsible to the Principal and shares in the leadership of the school community by supporting the Principal and leadership team. The Religious Education Coordinator exercises this responsibility by ensuring that the school delivers high quality contemporary learning and teaching for the community it serves which is embedded in the Catholic world view. It is a collaborative ministry of witness and service and part of the evangelising mission of the Church. The Religious Education Coordinator exercises this responsibility by contributing a deep knowledge of the religious education curriculum and in enhancing the liturgical, sacramental and spiritual life of the school.
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith in practice and lifestyle, witness and modelling
- A minimum of four years professional qualification in education
- Substantial currency in Religious Education pedagogy and knowledge of the Religious Education curriculum
- Accreditation to teach Religious Education and the completion of a Master of Religious Education/Theology or commitment to complete within four years of appointment
- An understanding of contemporary learning theory and practice, and an ability to ensure this is evident in the teaching within the school
- Capacity to challenge and lead a school community that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teaching and is aligned with the system strategic intent
- A strong commitment to team and building relationships
- A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation.
Interested applicants are encouraged to download the Application Pack document which contains instructions on how to submit their applications as well as the Position Description for the role.
As part of your application, please use below link to download the relevant documentation:
The position closes 4 November, 2018
- Organisation Nagle College, Blacktown
- Location Blacktown, NSW
- Contact person Richard Medrzejewski +61 2 9407 7029