Religious Education Coordinator
- St Paul’s Catholic Parish Primary School – Moss Vale
- Kindergarten to Year 6 serving the Moss Vale Parish with an enrolment of approximately 147 pupils
- Commencing January 2018
The Director of Schools, Diocese of Wollongong, invites Expressions of Interest from suitably experienced educators for this significant leadership position at St Paul’s Catholic Parish Primary School, Moss Vale. The Religious Education Coordinator is a member of the School Leadership Team and contributes to the religious leadership of the school. They will work closely in collaboration with the St Paul’s Parish team and catechists in Sacramental Preparation programs and liturgical events.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- leading effective teaching and learning in Religious Education
- supporting the leadership of the school in promoting the Catholic Identity of the school and engagement in Mission
- contributing to the school’s improvement goals in learning, teaching and community engagement
- directing the school’s liturgical life and mission and justice programs
The role of Religious Education Coordinator in a Wollongong Catholic School requires a person to show evidence of:
- being an active and committed Catholic
- a deep understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of a Catholic school within the broader evangelising mission of the Catholic Church
- exemplary teaching and an ability to articulate a contemporary Catholic pedagogy
- well-developed interpersonal skills and collaborative leadership experience
- currently holding a qualification in Religious Education (Certificate of RE or equivalent)
- either holding (or having an immediate commitment to gain) a further postgraduate qualification in Religious Education/Theology/Catholic Leadership.
Applicants who are already successful leaders in their schools or offices and are seeking senior leadership or a change of schools should submit a short Expression of Interest, briefly addressing the essential criteria and a current Curriculum Vitae to Carolyn Hadley, Head of Human Resource Services by 9am Friday 21 July 2017 via email email@example.com
The Expression of Interest should include:
- name of position/s of interest (if you wish to be considered for more than one position please indicate this clearly in your covering letter)
- brief description of your suitability for this leadership position
- motivation for your interest in this particular school, and
- details of 3 referee contacts (including Parish Priest and current supervisor).
A subsequent first level shortlisting process may result in a request to complete a Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong full recruitment application for further consideration.
To confidentially discuss your application contact Gayle McMahon, Team Leader – Leadership and Professional Growth on 4253 0935.
Applications close: 9am Friday 21 July 2017
Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong
Moss Vale, NSW
+61 2 4253 0935