Sacramental Life & RCIA Coordinator
- Office for Evangelisation
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and up to the Central Coast. Reporting to the Team Leader of Life, Marriage and Family in the Office for Evangelisation, the primary purpose of the Sacramental Life & RCIA Coordinator (Rite of Christian Initiation) is to promote and support a vibrant sacramental life within the Diocese.
The main responsibilities of the Sacramental Life & RCIA Coordinator are to:
- Promote a vibrant sacramental life within the Diocese;
- Plan, develop and implement formation programs, training and workshops for the Sacraments of Initiation among others and promote the theology and proper practice of each;
- Promote new Sacraments of Initiation resources to assist parish coordinators in their ministry;
- Develop formation and catechetical opportunities on sacramental themes;
- Coordinate the continued development of the Diocesan Sacramental Program.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with Catholic Schools with a view to introducing uninitiated parents and families to the sacramental life of the Catholic Church.
- Collaborate and assist in other works and projects of the Life, Marriage and Family team;
- Provide training to support parishes in preparation for the Sacraments of Initiation;
- Provide training in policies and guidelines related to the sacraments and the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA).
This appointment is subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW)
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply online via Seek.com.au or email@example.com and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close on: Wednesday, 24 January 2018.
Diocese of Broken Bay
Pennant Hills, NSW
+61 2 9847 0446