School Counsellor – Upper Hunter Schools
- Reference No : 7891
- Permanent Part Time
- Hours/FTE 0.6 FTE
- Commencement ASAP
The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the position of School Counsellor.
Part-time or Full-time will be considered.
The School Counsellor will be responsible to the Head of Teaching and Learning Services and the Coordinator Student Wellbeing at the Catholic Schools Office, Newcastle for the provision of counselling/assessment services to students (Years K – 12).
Applications are welcome from: Registered Psychologist (interns OK) Social Worker PACFA registered counsellors Experience working with primary aged children required
• Registration or eligibility for Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia or membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or PACFA registered counsellors
• Experience in assessment and counselling of primary school aged children and secondary students
• Understanding of, and support for, the ethos of Catholic schools
• Ability to liaise with community agencies
• Ability to work collaboratively within school and Catholic Schools Office team environments
• Excellent organisational, communication and information technology skills
Applications Close Friday 28 September, 2018
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: Emma Merlino ([email protected]) +61 2 4979 1219
By email (preferred):
Catholic Schools Office
PO Box 714
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
Letters of application addressing the essential criteria, together with current curriculum vitae and contact details for three referees, should be emailed as one PDF document (Ref 7891) to: [email protected]
Preferred applicants will be required to complete the registration process for the Catholic Schools Office.
Applications will be received up until 4pm on the closing date.
Closing Date: Friday 28 September, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office Maitland - Newcastle
- Salary Conditions of Employment Salary will be as per the Catholic Schools Office Psychologists/Counsellors Salary Scale, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Location Upper Hunter, NSW
- Contact person Emma Merlino ([email protected]tholic.edu.au) +61 2 4979 1219