School Officer – Learning Support
- Reference No : 7787
- External Position
- Hours/FTE 24 Hours
- Commencement ASAP
- Finishing Date 21/12/18
To provide support in learning and behaviour management at St Pius X Primary School Windale for 24 hours per week. 2 hrs per week of this position is to provide clerical support to the School Counsellor.
- must be willing to support the ethos of the Catholic School
- must have an understanding of low socio-economic status issues
- must have an interest in the process of learning to read and understanding numeracy
- must be capable of working as a member of a team and from a timetable
- must have a cooperative nature and a kind manner and be capable of supporting children with high support needs in their learning within the K-6 classroom
- must have experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviours and be able to follow plans and procedures put in place for these students
- A current Working With Children number is required and is to be recorded on your application
- Experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviours and be able to follow plans and procedures put in place for these students
- An appreciation of Indigenous culture Competence in the use of computers and ability to use technology for educational instruction.
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one PDF to contact person.
Contact : Peter Bowen at email@example.com+61 2 49488467
St Pius X Primary School
2 Lake StreetWINDALE 2306
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Information
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and should include after hours contact details for referees. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be accepted and will be received up until 3.00pm on the closing date.
Closing Date: Thursday 24 May, 2018
- Organisation Catholic School Office - Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
- Salary Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
- Location Windale, Newcastle