Secondary Teacher Librarian
- Reference No : 7755
- External Position
- Location CHISHOLM St Bede’s Catholic College
- Permanent Full Time
- Commencement 23/7/18
The Teacher Librarian has an important role in supporting and implementing the vision of the school community through advocating and building effective library and information services and programs. Key to this role are learning and teaching, management, and leadership as well as collaboration and community engagement. St Bede’s currently provides a Catholic education for Year 7 students.
The College will be growing by one cohort per year and will eventually cater for approximately 1,000 Year 7 -12 students by 2023. With an emphasis on contemporary learning within a mix of closed and open learning spaces, this position will require a dynamic and flexible educator who has the capacity to innovate, collaborate and engage with all stakeholders.
- understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges of being a staff member in a foundation school
- understanding and commitment to the strategic direction of the College, as outlined in the College Foundation Plan
- relevant understanding of and support for the philosophy of Catholic education
- be appropriately qualified as a four year trained secondary teacher
- have completed or will complete (within four years of appointment) a Master of Education (Teacher-Librarianship)
- high level of proficiency as a teacher
- sound knowledge of Stage 6 syllabuses and associated HSC requirements
capacity to engage a diverse range of students in learning so that they become successful independent learners
- sound understanding of pedagogy and the changing nature of learners
proven capacity to use technology as a tool to enhance learning
- ability to adopt a range of strategies in order to develop strong rapport with and quality pastoral care of senior students
- ability to prepare and conduct learning sessions for students, for example literacy, study skills, research skills
- strong understanding of literacy standards and knowledge of strategies to improve literacy
- capacity to promote best quality literature and composers, reflecting a variety of genres and cultures
- capacity to assist students to seek, critically evaluate, synthesise and present information
- capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- ability to manage the automated Library system and related technology
- ability to develop the Library as a Learning Hub that is multi-functional and a focal point for student learning
- demonstrated ability to develop effective policies and procedures for the effective use and management of the Library (Learning Hub)
- capacity to both oversee and work collaboratively with library personnel
- commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities and the Year 12 Retreat Program
- excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
ability to work collaboratively with students and staff
- applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category E – Accreditation for Senior Leadership.
- Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
- Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
- A sound knowledge of OLIVER Library software
- Capacity to oversee students studying by Distance Education
- Capacity to support students engaged in HSC Major Projects
- Ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: John Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) +61 2 4088 8222
By email (preferred):
St Bede’s Catholic College
39 Heritage Drive
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.
Applications Close Friday 25 May, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Salary Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
- Location Chisholm NSW