Secondary Teaching – HSIE/Business Studies
- Reference No: 7811
- Temporary Part-time
- Hours: 0.6 FTE
- Commencement: 23/7/18
- Finishing date: 21/12/18
- Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
- Classroom teaching and duties as directed by the School Principal.
- a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education
- willingness to fulfill the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy
- ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s; History/Geography essential. Commerce desirable.
- high level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning.
- high quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential.
- exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students.
- ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
- demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- ability to teach 7-10 History and Geography essential
- ability to teach Commerce/Business Studies desirable
- required to maintain a high level of organisation keeping up to date programs, registrations and compliance information
- high level of behavioural expectations and management strategies
- Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
- Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained secondary teacher.
- Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php
- Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred): email@example.com
St Joseph’s High School
PO Box 12
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3pm on the closing date
Applications Close: Friday, 12 June 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Salary Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
- Location Aberdeen, NSW