An exciting opportunity awaits – to join our passionate and dedicated team as a
Social and Digital Media Advisor, Jesuit Communications
- Fixed Term contract, full- time
- Location: Multi-site, however predominantly based in Richmond, VIC
From early times, Jesuits have seen the potential for communications in spreading the Word of God. Australian Jesuits have a deep involvement in media, with print and online publications and podcasts, focused on faith and spirituality, religion, culture, politics, the arts, education and social justice. They serve in key leadership roles in Catholic media and appear in the secular media as commentators within their respective areas of expertise.
Jesuit Communications was established in 2005 to provide a uniquely Catholic perspective on the issues of the day and provide communications support to Jesuit leadership in Australia. Under the banner of “Jesuit Media” it produces the Australian Catholics and Madonna magazine mastheads, the Eureka Street and Pray.com.au web publications, as well as the ChatterSquare podcast.
To implement and contribute to the development of the Social and Digital Media strategy for the Australian Jesuit Province and Jesuit Media in accordance with:
- The Jesuit mission;
- the Communications and Strategic (Apostolic) Plans of the Province; and
- the business plan of Jesuit Communications/ Jesuit Media.
Predominantly the primary responsibilities are:
- Manage the Province and Jesuit Media websites
- Manage the Province and Jesuit Media social media channels – posts, shares, responses to comments in accordance with the Province Social and Digital Governance Framework
- Prepare and distribute Province and Jesuit Media e-newsletters
- Develop and update the Province Social Media Content strategy and program – including potential expansion into new channels and platforms
- Contribute to the development of and implement social media campaigns
- Grow social media audience size and engagement
- Measurement and reporting
- To be successful in the role you will ideally have between 2-4 years social and digital content generation /management experience, including design, management and implementation of effective digital communications campaigns to grow and engage with new audiences.
- We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities, a demonstrated desire to work for a purpose-driven organisation, who is interested in and across news and current affairs and in particular has an appreciation of how matters in the news impact faith-based organisations, the Catholic Church and the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
- You will be an exceptional writer and editor, conversant with web (including basic HTML) and content management systems and have in-depth understanding of social media platforms and publishing tools.
- You will be comfortable using and introducing new technology platforms.
- To round out your background you will need demonstrable capabilities in using social media tools: analytics, SEO and UX. Multimedia skills including film and audio recording and editing will be highly regarded.
- A familiarity and/or interest in the Jesuits and their mission will be key to your success in this role.
In return you will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and respected team in an organisation that has a long and rich history of working to help those at the margins of society and is committed to your ongoing personal and professional development.
Applications close 29 October 2018.
- Organisation Australian Province of the Society of Jesus
- Location Richmond, Melbourne VIC
- Contact person Helen Boussounis +61 3 9810 7315