Studies Coordinator(2) – Mathematics
- Reference No: 7860
- Vacancy type: Contract
- Hours/FTE: 30 Hours
- Commencement: ASAP
- Finishing date: 21/12/18
A Studies Coordinator has specific responsibility for the management of a Key Learning Area or combination of subjects as specified by the position. This position in 2019 will be a 3 point allowance. The Coordinator is a member of the School’s Leadership Team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal (s) and other Coordinators.
As a member of the Leadership Team the Coordinator will offer assistance and support in the :
• day to day operation of the school
• promotion of the Catholic ethos of the school
• promotion of the Josephite Charism of the College
• initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
• promotion of an effective pastoral care / wellbeing program
• implementation of the school’s policies and procedures
• promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the management team.
St Joseph’s College Lochinvar currently offers a Catholic co-education for students from Years 7-11, however, from 2019 will move into full implementation of a 7-12 school structure. St Joseph’s was founded in 1883 by the Sisters of St Joseph and is situated 10 minutes west of Maitland and 40 minutes from Newcastle via the Hunter Expressway.
- Willingness to support the ethos of the Catholic school
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite especially Microsoft Word
- Typing speed of 40 wpm
- administration of school fee accounts including preparation, distribution, collection and debtor analysis
- administration of accounts payable, account reconciliations and regulatory reporting
- assisting with preparation of financial reports and any required accountability statements
- assisting in the coordination and training of other School Officers that may support the school’s financial processes
- working with Catholic Schools Office accounting staff assisting in the implementation of Diocesan guidelines and processes to enhance financial practices.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including a pleasant phone manner
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage several tasks concurrently
- The ability to work tolerant of an interrupted working environment
- Ability to foster and promote positive personal relationships with all stakeholders
- Contribute to the work team by accomplishing duties in a timely manner as required
- Experience in SAS Finance
- Understanding or knowledge of Sentral program
- Minimum Certificate III in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in a similar position
- Your current Working With Children number must be recorded on your application
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: Marc Romano [email protected] +61 2 4958 6711
By email (preferred): [email protected]
Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Mary’s Campus
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3pm on the closing date.
Closing Date: September 3, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Location Lochinvar, NSW
- Contact person Marc Romano [email protected]