Studies Coordinator(2) – Leader of Pedagogy – TAS (Readvertised)
- Reference No: 7864
- Vacancy type: Contract
- Commencement: 21/1/2019
- The position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator 2. Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to a satisfactory performance review
A Studies Coordinator has specific responsibility for the management of a Key Learning Area or combination of subjects as specified by the position. The coordinator is a member of the school’s management team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal(s) and other Coordinators. As a member of the management team the coordinator will offer assistance and support in:
- the day to day operation of the School
- promotion of the Catholic ethos of the School
- the initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
- the promotion of an effective pastoral care program
- the implementation of the School’s policies and procedures
- the promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the management team
A Studies Coordinator must be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of and a clear commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Catholic education, as expressed in a variety of Church documents, and as related to specific curriculum areas.
- A capacity to effectively integrate Catholic ethos into faculty policies and programme.
- A thorough knowledge of, a capacity, and a willingness, to manage the implementation of relevant syllabus and syllabi.
- A capacity and willingness to actively supervise, resource, and support staff to ensure effective classroom teaching.
- A capacity to fulfil the requirements of a middle management position within a secondary school.
- A capacity to initiate, and a willingness to develop, an ongoing programme of assessment and evaluation by which the effectiveness of the department in achieving its aims and objectives may be measured.
- A capacity and willingness to professionally develop self and relevant staff.
- A high level of proficiency as a classroom teacher.
- An ability to implement and monitor assessment and reporting programmes which incorporate a standards-referenced approach.
- A capacity to modify and monitor teaching programmes to cater for the learning needs of all students.
- An understanding of cross-curricular issues such as literacy and numeracy (and the incorporation of ICT skills into teaching programmes).
- Proficiency in the use of technology as a teaching and organisational tool.
- A capacity to support staff in relation to the management of students in the classroom in a particular subject area or areas.
- A capacity to effectively lead the Faculty in all aspects of operation.
- A capacity to interpret and effectively use data in leading the promotion of numeracy across the curriculum.
- applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category C – Accreditation for Leadership.
- be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher
- record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
- evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php
- Exemplary understanding of, and engagement with, contemporary issues in education, catholic schooling and leadership
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact: Graeme Selmes [email protected]du.au +61 2 4958 6711
By email (preferred): [email protected]
St Paul’s Catholic College
PO Box 194
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above and emailed to: [email protected] The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.
Closing Date: Thursday 20 September, 2018
- Organisation Catholic Schools Office - Maitland-Newcastle
- Yearly Salary The position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator 2. Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to a satisfactory performance review
- Location Booragul, NSW