Team Leader – Catholic Life & Faith Formation
- Office for Evangelisation
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and up to the Central Coast. Reporting to the Director of the Office for Evangelisation, the primary responsibility of the Team Leader, Catholic Life & Faith Formation, is to lead opportunities for the evangelisation, catechesis and spiritual formation of adults.
This role provides leadership and parish support in adult formation, promoting the renewal of parish culture through evangelising initiatives, training for ministry and strategies for parish planning, as well as workshops and events that enable the baptised to grow as missionary disciples. The Team Leader works effectively and collaboratively alongside the Director of the Office for Evangelisation and Catholic Life & Faith Formation in serving the broader work of evangelisation under the authority of the Bishop.
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and attributes:
- An understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and the sensitivities and nuances of dealing with various stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact;
- Demonstrated commitment to service and a willingness to be accountable for performance;
- An ability to operate with discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- The capability to perform under work pressure;
- A track record of working collaboratively and consultatively across a wide spectrum of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player;
- A personal sense of warmth and welcoming.
- A thorough understanding of adult faith formation, discipleship and evangelisation;
- A sound knowledge of the stages or thresholds of adult growth in discipleship, and models of parish pastoral planning to support this growth;
- High level skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite; social media and emerging technologies;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to reprioritise and reorganise priorities;
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply online via Seek.com.au or email@example.com and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close on: Wednesday, 24 January 2018.
Diocese of Broken Bay
Pennant Hills, NSW
+61 2 9847 0446