Vinnies Van Coordinator
- Permanent, part-time 22.5 hours per week
- Hours to be worked based on a roster – morning, afternoon, evening
- Based at Charles Gordon O’Neill Centre in Coniston, NSW; requires travel across the Illawarra/Shoalhaven region
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence and the confidence to drive a small truck and minivan
What we do
The Vinnies Van Services (VVS) in the Illawarra/Shoalhaven region is a Special Work of the St Vincent de Paul Society. Services include distributing meals, blankets and information to people who are experiencing disadvantage, or are at risk of homelessness. Over 200 volunteers from a range of backgrounds including corporate organisations, schools and the general public are involved in the delivery of these services. Most importantly, these volunteers provide friendship, support and compassion to those we assist.
The position holder is responsible for coordinating all related activities to ensure the efficient operation of the Vinnies Van service.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supervising the activities of the Volunteers and Volunteer Team Leaders;
- Managing rosters for volunteers and ensuring that there are enough volunteers to assist in each event;
- managing volunteer recruitment and training;
- Ensuring that the service vehicles are in a safe condition and equipped with adequate supplies at all times;
- Coordinating special events; networking with schools, government agencies, community groups, corporate organisations and other relevant individuals to promote its programs;
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in Community Services or related field
- Experience in coordinating the efficient operation and ongoing improvement of a community service.
- Willingness to work within the ethos and Mission Statement of the St Vincent de Paul Society and the Society’s Code of Conduct.
- Excellent administrative, communication and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage volunteers.
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide small and large group education sessions to a range of age groups on social justice issues.
- Sound knowledge of issues surrounding homelessness.
- Understanding and experience with conflict resolution.
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence and the confidence to drive a small truck and minivan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WH&S and Food Handling requirements.
- Willingness to work outside business hours if required.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Eloise Andon (Manager, Homelessness & Mental Health) Eloise.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Vinnies Van Coordinator – Coniston /VIN1106.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 23 September 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
Apply online via this link
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
- Salary SCHCADS Level 5, hourly rates range from $37.03 depending on qualifications and experience