Web Developer – Creative Identity and Design
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Web Developer within the Creative Identity and Design team at The Archdiocese of Sydney.
The Creative Identity and Design department is responsible for a variety of tasks which meet the needs of our agencies and parishes as well as clients outside the Church. Our work centres around graphic design, multi-media projects such as video and audio production, web design and development, web streaming, and producing content for a variety of platforms including web and social media.
Working closely with the Web Designer and other Web Developers, the purpose of this role of Web Developer is to develop and deploy new websites; develop custom backend solutions and update current websites or content when required.
This role is a full-time role and is based at the Polding Centre, Sydney. This role reports to the Director, Creative Identity and Design, whilst having extensive day to day dealings with the Communications and News Media team.
The ideal candidate will have appropriate tertiary qualifications as well as a demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church, and knowledge in the following areas:
- extensive experience in web development and programming; Joomla development and trouble shooting;
- experience in content management systems; excellent knowledge of XHTML, HTML5, CSS and Web standards;
- excellent knowledge of Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, In-design;
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- knowledge of mobile app development (native and/or hybrid)
- experience with Java script, PHP, ASP, .NET and MySQL;
- experience with Linux server administration;
- experience with eCommerce CMS, such as BigCommerce, Shopify etc
- good knowledge of JS frameworks such as Angular, JS libraries and JQuery
- experience with hosting platform backend including Linux, cPanel, Apache, MySQL; and
- experience with current website design methodologies including CMS secure measures.
- Professional manner and presentation, excellent people and communication skills and an ability to operate confidentially and discreetly.
A position description detailing further information about this role is available by viewing this advertisement at www.catholicjobsonline.com.au. Applicants should submit a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role by addressing each of the required selection criteria of this role, as well as a resume outlining your qualifications and experience
Applications to be sent in confidence to:
Employment Services Manager
Polding Centre, Level 5
133 Liverpool Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
or to: email@example.com
Enquiries: (02) 9390 5100
Applications close 5 March 2017
Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney
Polding Centre, CBD, Sydney
+61 2 9390 5198