Our Lady of Fatima Parish, Kingsgrove
Part Time, 20 hours per week
Our Lady of Fatima Parish Kingsgrove is a Eucharistic Family committed to celebrating the presence of Jesus in its daily life. Built in an era of change, the Parish’s approach to God and the Liturgy has one objective view, and that is the full and active participation of the faithful, so they become a vital community in the central action of the Liturgy – the offering of the Holy Mass.
Reporting to the Parish Priest, the purpose of the role of Youth Coordinator is to connect with the youth of the Parish, develop structured groups that involve youth in the Parish activities, and to implement strategies that address the ongoing needs of youth in the Parish. Key to this role will be Youth coordinator’s ability to liaise and consult with youth groups which operate within the Parish, outreach to Parish-linked primary and secondary schools, and provide a role-model for youth in the Parish. To achieve this, the Youth Coordinator will work in consultation with the Parish Priest, Parish Pastoral Associate and the youth to set up structured groups that cater for the broad spectrum of youth ages.
This role is a part time position working 20 hours per week and is based in Kingsgrove.
The Youth Coordinator will possess the following experience, qualifications and skills:
- A personal commitment to the Catholic faith through personal witness and practice
- Experience in a similar role such as Youth Work, Parish Ministry or Education
- Experience in facilitating, networking and coordinating people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High degree of discretion and ability to maintain complete confidentiality
- Professional manner and presentation
- Sound people skills, adept in dealing with a broad range of people
- Sound leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to build working relationships with those people that come in contact with this role
A position description is available by clicking here.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055.
Applications must include a Cover Letter (including how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements listed above) and Resume and be sent to email@example.com
Applications close Friday, 5 October 2018.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
- Organisation Our Lady of Fatima Parish, Kingsgrove
- Location Kingsgrove, NSW
- Contact person Anthony Spata 0402 210 055 firstname.lastname@example.org